Photograph by SASHA NINGKAN

If you were to demolish all the buildings,
And erect new structures,
Will you still be thinking?
If all of it mattered

//

If you were to take away the people,
And have other people migrate there,
Will they have same mantle?
Would you have cared?

//

If I were change my interests,
Then empty my book shelves,
Answer this, for better or worse,
Will I then still be myself?

//

If I am able to dismantle my body,
Then with spare parts, reassemble,
Would you then worry?
Whether I am still the original?

//

If I could take parts I discarded,
Then rebuild another me,
Who would you have regarded?
As the primary or secondary

//

If both of us could recall,
All of our previous memories,
Like when we comforted your fall,
Who would you then credit these stories?

//

If the other me could do better,
In the things I cherish,
Would I then still matter?
Or would I then just vanish?