Photograph by LANCE VUN


I am alone
Surrounded by people who I don't know
Acquaintance at best
Strangers make up the rest

//  

I am scared
Because nobody cares
How can I survive
When I don't feel alive

//

I am ignored
Don't know if I'm a bore
They say they're busy
No one has time for me

//

I am far away
Even if I am just one call away
No one checks up on me
Other than mommy and daddy

//

I am lonely
I find strange men in the alley
Engaging in wild sexual positions
Just to feel some sort of emotion

//

I love wasabi
I put a lot on my sushi
The sudden sensation makes me feel alive
Like a drug that gets me high

//

I am silent
Words can be violent
I try to suppress my rage
But all I do is trap myself in a cage

//

I am tired
Working late so I don't get tired
Weekends are meant for sleep
Even if the time wasted hurts deep  

//

I was a dreamer
But now no longer
I need to be a warrior
So that I can be a survivor

//

I am not dead
But inside I dread
That I don't feel a soul
Nothing but an empty hole