Go round the corner, you might see another alley
A unique angle you missed, despite passing daily,
A new perspective, a new interpretation,
Challenge your belief, thwart dissertation,


Go flip a page, read multiple op-eds,
Go ahead, read what your opponents said,
Be calm, be civil, and just be more open,
Question what’s real, to know what’s broken


Go ask the views of an outsider,
There’s no excuse, as an insider,
Get shocked once in a while, sing the blues
Maybe strangers can help reconcile your values,


Go ahead and explore I tell other people,
But I fear I’m the pot calling the kettle,
That I didn’t flip enough pages or talk to the smarter ones,
I’m in a Russian nest doll of cages, still succumbing to my wants,


Go ahead and tell me if you see me left behind,
I’m a messed up rubic’s cube, a disjointed mind,
Yes, I bless those who trust the matured but
I confess, I sometimes never adjust the aperture,